Monday, July 25, 2016

Game commentary

Its time for another raaant.. as suprisingly some folks enjoy reading those. ^^

You know what I need? N.. no not a million dollar in cash, though that couldn't hurt now that you mention it, I need a girlfriend thats willing to pose for my future game projects. *nods sagely*

Why you wonder? Well, apart from it being hot, the comments I get on my games can be roughly sorted into three categories:

1. Awesome encouragement or expressions of eagerness for the next release, occasionally intermingling with 2.

2. Bug reports, ranging in their helpfulness from screenshot of the precise issue with comment on how the issue happened to 'Game crashes in area X, fix plz'

3. Request I include more pictures and CG's, prefably animated ones in the game. Preferably preferably animated sex scenes for all the monsters.

Fact is, a CG, not a rendered 3d image, not that those necessarily look bad, but a lovingly drawn by hand CG that looks the part is over 100$ a piece. (TLDH's intro actually being the most expensive one, unless you count all the characters and outfits as one singular pile)
Now I've not minded skipping out on a holiday to make this game look awesome, and with the help of Patrons, made it look awesomer, thanks to you all again, though, another sad fact is I just.. parted with my job, and am now looking for a new one(might share more details in a patreon rant), not that I'll struggle to find one, but the whole process, and exspecially moving is expensive and annoying.
Animated CG's can also carry a certain danger, well, not in times of super fast internet.. but not everyone has that, and a full animated CG of a single scene is usually several Mb big. Compare my games size to some commercial games with the same basic design, and you'll notice that we're already upper middlefield, and the game is far from done yet, so I have to balance just how much art to add where to.

So yeah, not to sound greedy, but CG's will get added as I have money, for example through the patreon growing, plus if I actually find capable artists that meet at the golden intersection of ok quality vs not too high prize, and I'm sure with me explaining this once I'll never again get a comment of the third kind. Right. .. right?

Now, have a funny for listening to me:

1 comment:

  1. Hey, this isn't a bug report, but could you give some help here? In the maid castle, I cannot for the life of me find the key to the kitchen chest, or the ingredients for the weaken incubus scroll :/

    Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

    ReplyDelete